It is totally feeling like summer in these parts, which is to say, it is hot and in the afternoon it rains and then becomes shockingly humid. But summer also means the arrival of the cookout, the barbecue, the appointing of the Grill King.
I am missing my family’s Father’s Day celebration, which makes me more than a little sad, but I know I can share a burger and a dog with dad anytime – and for that I am very grateful.
This week’s Hungry for the Weekend features lots of local (to DC) food events, and a good sampling of food humor and inspiration.
If you, like me, are hungry for the weekend please, enjoy these links:
- American Gastronomy Map via Etsy - made by an artist in London!
- Summer Salads via Sweet Paul Magazine - this photography is worthy of wall art, never mind the plate
- The Whole Foods Parking Lot Rap via YouTube – I think we can all relate to this one!
- The Best Chocolate Chips for your Cookies - thanks to Eater to Serious Eats for doing the research for us!
- DC Foodies: Visit West End Bistro for it’s Pop-Up BBQ and the two visiting food trucks (cupcakes and more BBQ). Proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project – eat well and do good!
- Art and Soul DC Crab and Beer Events - I could not be more excited about this, DC Brau and Crabs, yum!
Have a delicious weekend!