My mom is here this weekend and so, like whenever someone visits from out of town, we will be doing a lot of eating at restaurants. It can be a lot of fun to try new places, sample new dishes, and indulge in flavors I am unfamiliar with.
What is interesting about food, is how closely it is tied to family. I suspect, that while walking through the Farmer’s Market, or Eastern Market, or when sitting down for brunch, we’ll likely talk about memories that are tied to food, and create some new ones at the same time.
This week’s Hungry for the Weekend features some food inspiration and some food for thought.
If you, like me, are hungry for the weekend please, enjoy these links:
- I’ll take apple slices with that Happy Meal - McDonald’s offers healthier options for kids’ meals
- Pasta and Gelato beat Paleo - the Paleo (caveman) diet is everywhere, and I have some mixed thoughts, but this author does a nice job of approaching diet simply deliciously
- Move over The View, its all about The Chew – sounds like this recipe called for a lot cheese and syrupy sweetness…
- A Hot Dog a Day Could Send You to an Early Grave?!- my sister just told me about this, and there is definitely some compelling (and common sense thinking here)
- Eight Great Ethnic Lunches – what I really love about this slideshow is that is illustrates what a small world we live in by how many of these “ethnic” meals are actually commonplace
- 25 – One Bite Appetizers – Between July 4th and Dec 31st there are at least ten reasons to throw a party, now you’ll have the appetizers taken care of!
Have a delicious weekend!