The other day my colleague swung by my desk to show off her new lipstick. It was bold, bright and a very happy shade of orangey-red. I really liked it. And in my excitement, which fed off of her excitement, I asked, “Where did you get it from?” She said, “a little boutique called CVS.” Yea for funny girls!
If you look around orange and red are popping up everywhere: the fresh strawberries, the tart citrus, the tulips sprouting in the neighbor’s flowerbeds, and the Spring 2011 runways.
For spring there are endless ways to this bright and vibrant hue; it speaks loudly and with confidence and requires an equally glowing smile.
So how to wear red/orange in real life…
- Be confident in the shape of what you’re wearing, the silhouette will make a huge difference.
- Start with something small and work into larger statements. In makeup maybe test nails before lipstick, in fashion shoes before a sheath
- Find the right shade for your shade, and find complimenting shades to pair it with
- Look to nature for inspiration, this is a color that if you’re looking for it you’ll find everywhere.
- Be happy – these are HAPPY colors!
|Daily Batch Red Hot, Orange Crush Color Board