This was quite a week in food, our beloved food pyramid turned into a plate, and I spent a lot of time thinking about how I too could be eating healthier, and living healthier. Summer is a funny time, the fruits and vegetables are at their best, but they are often being lured into some creamy dips, or the warm, flaky crust of a pie shell.
I am excited for the weekend, and everything that it brings: dinners with friends, time with family, baking adventures and trips to the farmers’ market.
If you’re winding down your week and also “hungry” for the weekend, here are some great links to check out:
- Gluten-Free: Flavor Free No More from the New York Times – Yea, those donuts, they’re gluten free!
- Happy National Donut Day – it’s a holiday too sweet to not celebrate! Also this is not on “the plate”
- Going to a Picnic and need the perfect dessert? Look no further than these mouth-watering dessert bars via Chow.com – mouthwatering, not necessarily healthy…
- 7 Shocking Food Waste Statistics from the Global Food Losses and Food Waste Report via Chow.com – appearance quality standards, fascinating!
- What does your plate look like? – Time to think and plate healthier – thanks gov!
Have a delicious weekend!