This has been a funny week in food at our house. With a refrigerator that behaves more like a thermos we have been eating at restaurants more often than normally or doing a daily visit to Whole Foods. The highlight of our dinners was a Sunday evening bike ride to Luke’s Lobster and Tuesday’s steakhouse at home with beef tenderloin and oven baked “fries”.
Goals for the weekend include getting that fridge fixed, and trying out some new recipes. If you, like me, are hungry for the weekend please, enjoy these links:
- Mini Banana Splits – Huge Enchantment via Bon Appetit – um, beyond cute!
- What I Eat: Around the World in 80 Diets via TIME – this really illuminates the differences in our diets and the nature of calorie counting
- A Taste of Home on Capitol Hill via New York Times – sounds like a trip the Senate is in order…
- Amazing Pizza from Across the US via Delish – yes, Jumbo Slice is in the TOP 10, and yes, the man holding the pizza looks drunk enough to enjoy it!
- The 38 Essential Washington Restaurants via Eater – Happy to see Cava, Belga, Zaytinya, Ardeo Bardeo and 2 Amy’s made the cut
Have a delicious weekend!