I keep toying with the idea of traveling to a city and just eating. This is what it would look like: Welcome to NY, enjoy your stay please visit Russ and Daughter’s for a bagel and shmear, grab a slice on the street, pop over to Levain Bakery for chocolate chip cookie goodness, go to Eataly to savor all of Italy… Looks like soon I will be able to cross off one of those visits as Eataly will be coming to see me (and the rest of DC)!
This week’s Hungry for the Weekend features lots of cultural foods, a little Jewish, Italian, Mexican and American flavors.
If you, like me, are hungry for the weekend please, enjoy these links:
- Top Chef Alum and DC Fave, Spike Mendelsohn feeds DC’s craving for Jewish Deli – a review of Sixth and Rye
- America’s Culinary History on a Plate, by Jose Andres – I am so excited, the reservations have been made!
- Eataly is coming to DC (in 2012) – Mozzarella, Prosciutto, Bastianich, Batalli… Heaven!
- Rick Bayless’ Baja – We just got back from Cabo and used Chef Bayless suggestions to plot our food stop – delicioso
- Healthy Eating Tips from a Tour de France athlete – great recipes and interesting to see the emphasis on low or no gluten foods
Have a delicious weekend!