As we go into the weekend, and also the first full week after Thanksgiving I am taking a moment to count my blessings.
- My dad celebrating his 57th birthday – every birthday, I think, should be treated like a big birthday!
- Having a favorite flower and a store that nearly always stocks them, and being able to treat myself to them nearly whenever I want. **Extra points for recycling!
- My little neighborhood has little restaurants, and very happily my husband is picking up take-out, also, very thankful for a quiet Friday night with nothing to do.
- Thankful to be celebrating birthdays and Hanukkah with family this coming Sunday, and doubly thankful that when I call my mom and cousin for a recipe they can recite it from memory in a moment’s notice – I’ll let you know how this one turns out!
- Youtube. I am thankful that today after seeing a piece of art with a song lyric on it, and then having it stuck in my head all day, I was able to find the song and get it out of my system.
- My very old boots that have survived many snow storms, moves, faux Florida winters, and all the wear and tear of everyday abuse, and yet I cannot wear them without getting a compliment. They have no label, they were purchased at Nordstrom Off the Rack and they are my favorite for Fall, and now that DC’s weather has officially snapped, winter too!